Sunday, October 25, 2009

The Ultimate Salad Lives on Mickey Mantle Drive


I recently visited Oklahoma City for the first time and had a blast. Who knew it was such a coolplace?
Before I left, my friend Justin reminded me that OKC was home to his ultimate salad – The Bouquet of Salads from Nonna’s.
Conveniently it was just a few blocks from my hotel on Mickey Mantle Drive. I walked over one afternoon, but it turns out the dish is only served during lunch and I was too late. The good news is they had a killer appetizer called the Mango Crab Stack that made it a worthwhile stop.
The lesson for me? We need to allow special notes attached to the dishes people upload so they can mention things like ‘only served at lunch.’

What sites/apps do you currently use to find great dishes? What would you like to see in the perfect food app?

No comments: