Saturday, November 7, 2009

Eating Ireland


Okay, not quite, but on a recent trip to Ireland I had a few great dishes that I'd like to share with ya'll. I tried to experience Ireland (on the food side at least) from the most well known, top rated restaurants down to the little cafe that only serves take away. Here are the highlights:

Soup: Beef and Guinness Stew - The Brewery Bar at the Guinness Store House (Dublin) served with a topping of mashed potatoes - this soup might as well be an entree there's so much of it!

Appetizer: Crab and Salmon Cakes - The Cafe Bar at the Morrison Hotel (Dublin)

Sandwich: Turkey BLT wrap at Joe's (Lahinch) - I don't even know what made it so great, maybe the fact that we were in a surfing town in Ireland.

I'd list an entree, but I've forgotten the name of it and didn't write it down. There in lies one of the solutions dishKarma hopes to provide - giving us the ability to document a great dish on the fly so we don't forget and can pass it along to others.

This is just one tourist's view. If you've been to or are from Ireland, we'd love to hear your ultimate meal!

1 comment:

Matt Sullivan said...

I love your Irish Ultimate Meal. For many American, Irish cuisine consists of Guinness and corn beef & cabbage.